Thursday, December 30, 2010

my journey

hey guys :) my last post was just an introduction to my hair story and how it all began but i want to show where i currently stand with my hair and growth...

Month 1


Month 2


Month 3


Month 4


Month 5


Month 6



Month 7






Month 8







So this is where i am as of right NOW... and i still have a lot of growing to do :) in four months will be my one year anniversary and im anxiously awaiting to see what my hair growth will be then...

Products im currently using:

                    
                     Conditioner


Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner


                           Deep Conditioner

 
Olive Oil Replenishing Condtioner (deep penetrating)

              
               Leave In Condtioner

Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in/Detangler (personal favorite)

Giovanni Direct Leave In Weightless Moisture Conditioner


                Curl Cremes


Kinky Curly Curling Custard (personal favorite)

Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel (use this for curl definition and base gel)


                                          Oils


Carrot Oil

Coconut Oil

Shea Butter (Butter and Oil)


If you noticed, I did not mention a specific shampoo that i use.  Thats because I do not shampoo my hair.  Shampoo contains sulfates and other harsh chemicals that strip the hair of its natural oils that it produces.  Those oils are a neccessity and are extremely relevant for the health of our hair.  Natural hair (depending on the hair type that u have) can tend to be very dry and fragile.  Thats y its so important to keep it moisturized DAILY.  I co-wash my hair, and what that means is that I wash my hair with conditioner instead of the traditional shampoo washing.  Conditioners have cleansing agents in them as well, and it is best advised that the conditioner u use is organic or natural based.  Always make sure u read the ingredients on the back of ur hair products to insure that ur hair is not being harmed or mistreated in anyway.  A natural friend of mine always told me, "if u cant pronounce the ingredients in it, DONT USE IT."  Natural/Organic products can be more expensive than regular commercial products, but trust me, u get what u pay for.

Signed,

A Curl Junkie <3

4 comments:

  1. hey, your hair looks great! its growing so fast! check me out at http://www.naturalzu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ur hair is awesome 2 gurl!!!! I checked out ur blog what products r u currently using ? Thro a party for ur year annvsry! Lol it's close u jus have a couple of mnths left how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided to go ahead with my "big chop" at the end of this month. I am so excited (and a little nervous), but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THATS SO EXCITING U TOTALLY HAVE TO LET ME SEE AND GIRL U SO HAVE TO LET ME SEE HOW U DID THAT FRO OF URS :) keep in touch girl!

    ReplyDelete